Friday, April 25, 2014
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed Manhattan-bound from midnight Friday to 7 am
Saturday and from midnight Saturday to 9 am Sunday. Motorists will be detoured to the Manhattan Bridge or may choose other crossings.
One of four lanes on the Williamsburg Bridge eastbound to Brooklyn will be closed on Saturday from 6 am to 2 pm to facilitate NYCDOT bridge maintenance.
The Grand Street Bridge over Newtown Creek will be closed in both directions on Saturday between 8 am and 1 pm for grating repair. Metropolitan Avenue may be used as an alternative route.
One tube of the Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn Battery Tunnel will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday. One lane will be open in each direction in the remaining tube.
Two out of four lanes on northbound Route 9A from Gansevoort Street to West 14th Street will be closed from 12:01 am Saturday to 5 am Monday to facilitate sewer liner installation by the Department of Environmental Protection.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed from 10 am to 6 pm for the Tribeca Film/Family Festival:
* Greenwich Street between Chambers Street and Hubert Street
* North Moore Street, Franklin Street and Harrison Street between West Street and Hudson Street
* Beach Street, Jay Street, Duane Street and Reade Street between Greenwich Street and Hudson Street:
8th Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Chelsea Visiting Neighbors 8th Avenue Festival.
44th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 10 am to 4:30 pm for the Project Dance Times Square.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed from 12:30 pm to 6 pm for the Sikh Cultural Society Parade and Festival:
* Madison Avenue between 38th Street and 23rd Street
* Park Avenue between 23rd Street and 27th Street (curb lanes)
* 36th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
* 37th and 38th Streets between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue.
* 27th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
* 26th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
* 24th Street between 6th Avenue and Broadway
The following streets in Queens will be closed from noon to 4 pm for the Falun Dafa Parade:
* Main Street between 40th Road and Sanford Avenue
* Sanford Avenue between Main Street and Kissena Boulevard
* Kissena Boulevard between Sanford Avenue and 41st Avenue
Clove Road between Victory Boulevard and Forest Avenue and Martling Avenue between Slosson Avenue and Clove Road on Staten Island will be closed from 8 am to noon for the Scott LaPiedra Run.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday:
The following streets will be closed from 10 am to 2 pm for the March of Dimes March for Babies:
* Lexington Avenue between 65th Street and 23rd Street
* Madison Avenue between 23rd Street and 26th Street
* 23rd Street between Lexington Avenue and Madison Avenue
* 65th Street between Amsterdam Avenue and Columbus Avenue
* 65th Street between Broadway and Lexington Avenue, including 65th Street Transverse
Broadway between 102nd Street and 106th Street and the east side of Broadway between 96th Street and 102nd Street will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the 23rd Annual West Side Spring Festival.
Greenwich Street between Cortland Street and Liberty Street will be closed from 9 am to 2 pm for the 9/11 Memorial Family Day.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.