Friday, November 1, 2013
There will be bridge and street closings in all five boroughs on Sunday between 8 am and 6 pm for the NYC Marathon. Details are available on the DOT web site’s weekend traffic advisory page at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml.
One of four lanes on the Williamsburg Bridge eastbound to Brooklyn will be closed from 6 am to 2 pm on Saturday to facilitate bridge maintenance work.
Madison Avenue between 42nd Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm for the American Diabetes Association & St. Patrick’s Cathedral Fair.
The FDR Drive southbound service road between East 34th Street and East 30th Street will be closed on Saturday and/or Sunday from 6 am to 9 pm to facilitate crane operation. There is no impact on the FDR Drive entrance ramp.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am for the NYC Marathon Dash to the Finish Line:
* 1st Avenue between 50th Street and 42nd Street
* 42nd Street between 1st Avenue and 6th Avenue
* 6th Avenue between 42nd Street and 59th Street
* 59th Street between 6th Avenue and 5th Avenue
* Grand Army Plaza between 59th Street and East Drive
* East Drive between Grand Army Plaza and Center Drive
* Center Drive between East Drive and West Drive
* West Drive between Center Drive and 67th Street
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm for the NYC Marathon Family Reunion:
* Central Park West between Columbus Circle and 86th Street
* 61st Street to 65th Street between Central Park West and Broadway
* 66th Street to 72nd Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* 77th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* 81st Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* 85th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* Columbus Avenue between 85th Street and Broadway
* Broadway between Columbus Avenue and Columbus Circle
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* 6th Avenue between 34th Street and 42nd Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Midtown South Community Council & Gramercy Park Neighborhood Association Fair.
* 80th Street between Juniper Valley Road and Metropolitan Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue between 80th Street and 65th Place (Rentar Plaza) in Queens will be closed from noon to 3 pm for the Middle Village Veterans Day Parade.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.