Friday, October 4, 2013
The South Upper (Brooklyn-bound) roadway of the Manhattan Bridge will be closed from 9 am to 6 pm on Sunday for the removal of construction sheds on the pedestrian walkway. During these times there will be two lanes eastbound to Brooklyn on the lower level, and two lanes westbound to Manhattan open to traffic on the North Upper Roadway.
One tube of the Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn Battery Tunnel will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday for construction work. One lane will be open in each direction in the remaining tube. Motorists should expect delays and use an alternate route.
One of two lanes on the South Upper Roadway of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge is closed until further notice.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
The Ninth Street Bridge over the Gowanus Canal will be closed on Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm to replace a damaged electric cable spool. Traffic will be detoured to the Hamilton Avenue Bridge.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* Front Street and Water Street between Peck Slip and Dover Street, and Peck Slip between South Street and Water Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 9 pm for the Seaport Alliance Restaurant Mall.
* 6th Avenue between 38th and 27th Street, 38th Street between 5th Avenue and Broadway, 27th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue, and 32nd Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 3 pm for the Korea Times Parade.
* 2nd Avenue between 54th Street and 43rd Street, 43rd Street and 44th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue, 47th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue, and 54th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for the Nigerian Independence Day Parade and Block Party.
* 3rd Avenue between 76th and 92nd Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for the Ragamuffin Children’s Parade.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from 7:30 am to 6 pm for the MS Bike Tour:
* West Street between West 54th Street and Battery Park Underpass
* Battery Park Underpass between West Street and FDR Drive
* FDR Drive (northbound) between Battery Park Underpass and Harlem River Drive
* Harlem River Drive between FDR Drive and 10th Avenue
* Canal Street between West Street and Holland Tunnel Entrance
* West 178th Street between Cabrini Boulevard and Pinehurst Avenue
* Pinehurst Avenue between West 178th Street and West 177th Street
* West 177th Street between Pinehurst Avenue and Haven Avenue
* Haven Avenue/West 168th Street between West 177th Street and Fort Washington Avenue
* Fort Washington Avenue between West 168th Street and West 165th Street
* West 165th Street between Fort Washington Avenue and Riverside Drive
* Riverside Drive between West 165th Street and West 72nd Street
* Riverside Drive between Seaman Avenue and Henry Hudson Parkway
* West 72nd Street between Riverside Drive and West End Avenue
* West End Avenue between West 72nd Street and West 59th Street
* West 59th Street between West End Avenue and Joe DiMaggio Highway
* 10th Avenue between Harlem River Drive and West 218th Street
* West 218th Street between 10th Avenue and Indian Road
* Indian Road between West 218th Street and West 214th Street
* West 214th Street between Indian Road and Seaman Avenue
* Seaman Avenue between West 214th Street and Riverside Drive
* Henry Hudson Parkway (southbound) Riverside Drive and West 56th Street and West Street