Friday, September 27, 2013
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am Saturday to 7 am Sunday. All Brooklyn-bound traffic will be able to access the bridge normally.
The South Upper (Brooklyn-bound) roadway of the Manhattan Bridge will be closed from 6 am to 6 pm Sunday for the removal of construction sheds on the pedestrian walkway. During these times there will be two lanes eastbound to Brooklyn on the lower level, and two lanes westbound to Manhattan open to traffic on the North Upper Roadway.
One tube of the Brooklyn Battery (Hugh L. Carey) Tunnel will be closed from 10 pm Saturday to 3 pm Sunday. The remaining tube will have one lane open in each direction until 8 am Sunday, when the tunnel will be completely closed until approximately 1:30 pm for the annual FDNY Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers run. Motorists should use an alternate route.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
The following streets in Brooklyn will be closed Friday through Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm for the Dumbo Arts Festival:
* Water Street between Adams Street and Anchorage Place
* Water Street between New Dock Street and Adams Street
* Main Street between Front Street and Plymouth Street
* Plymouth Street between Main Street and Adams Street
* Anchorage Place between Pearl Street and Plymouth Street
* Pearl Street between Water Street and Front Street
* Anchorage Place between Water Street and Pearl Street
* Jay Street between John Street and Dead End
* Washington Street between Plymouth Street and Water Street