Friday, August 2, 2013
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm for DOT Summer Streets:
* Centre Street between Brooklyn Bridge exit and Reade Street/Lafayette Street
* Lafayette Street between Reade Street/Centre Street and Fourth Avenue
* Fourth Avenue between Lafayette Street and 15th Street
* Union Square East between 15th Street and 17th Street
* Park Avenue South between 17th Street and 32nd Street
* Park Avenue between 32nd Street and 72nd Street (Including the viaduct between 40th Street and 46th Street)
* 72nd Street between Park Avenue and 5th Avenue
These closures for Summer Streets will also take place on Saturday, August 10 and Saturday, August 17. More details on Summer Streets activities are available at www.nyc.gov/summerstreets.
The Park Avenue Underpass between 33rd Street and 40th Street will be closed from 10 pm Friday to 5 pm Saturday to facilitate the Summer Streets event and NYCDOT maintenance.
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am on Sunday to 5 am on Monday for rehabilitation work. Motorists proceeding inbound/northbound from south Brooklyn via the Belt Parkway and Gowanus Expressway should use the toll facility Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel as the best route into lower Manhattan. Motorists from Queens/Long Island should consider the Williamsburg Bridge, or the toll facilities at the RFK Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound.
Brooklyn-bound traffic will access the Brooklyn Bridge from Pearl Street or Centre Street, using a contraflow configuration. This weekend only, there will be additional access to the bridge via the Park Row ramp from Frankfort Street. This alternative access will be available only on Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm.