Friday, August 16, 2013
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am on Sunday to 5 am on Monday for rehabilitation work. Motorists should consider using the Williamsburg Bridge or the toll facilities at the Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel, RFK Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound. Brooklyn-bound traffic will access the Bridge from Pearl Street or Centre Street, using a contraflow configuration. This weekend only, there will be additional access to the bridge via the Park Row ramp from Frankfort Street. This alternative access will be available only on Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm for DOT Summer Streets:
* Centre Street between Brooklyn Bridge exit and Reade Street/Lafayette Street
* Lafayette Street between Reade Street/Centre Street and Fourth Avenue
* Fourth Avenue between Lafayette Street and 15th Street
* Union Square East between 15th Street and 17th Street
* Park Avenue South between 17th Street and 32nd Street
* Park Avenue between 32nd Street and 72nd Street (Including the viaduct between 40th Street and 46th Street)
* 72nd Street between Park Avenue and 5th Avenue
More details on Summer Streets activities are available at www.nyc.gov/summerstreets.
The Park Avenue Underpass between East 33rd Street and East 40th Street will be closed from 10 pm Friday to 8 pm Saturday to facilitate the Summer Streets event and NYCDOT maintenance.