Friday, July 26, 2013
The south tube of the Queens Midtown Tunnel will be closed from 2 am Saturday to 5 am Monday for MTA repair work. Two-way traffic operations will be in effect in the north tube for cars and NYCT buses. Commercial traffic must use an alternate route during these hours.
The Willis Avenue Bridge will be fully closed to motorists and pedestrians on Saturday from 2 am to 6 am for swing span testing. Motorists will be detoured to the Madison Avenue Bridge at East 138th Street. Pedestrians and bicyclists may use the Third Avenue Bridge.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
The Grand Street Bridge over Newtown Creek will be closed from 8 am to 2 pm on Saturday, July 27th, August 3rd and August 10th to facilitate NYCDOT bridge repairs. Vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the adjacent Metropolitan Avenue Bridge.
The Park Avenue Underpass between 33rd Street and 40th Street will be closed on Saturday from 6 am to noon to facilitate NYCDOT maintenance.
One of two lanes of the Battery Park Underpass from Route 9A/West Street to the northbound FDR Drive may be closed on Saturday from 5:30 am to 11:30 am to facilitate NYCDOT underpass maintenance.
Two of three eastbound lanes on the Long Island Expressway between Van Dam Street and 47th Street will be closed from 12:01 am Saturday to 5 am Monday to facilitate NY State DOT roadway milling and paving. The Borden Avenue entrance ramp near the Queens Midtown Tunnel Plaza area to the eastbound Long Island Expressway will be closed during these hours.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed for the Mulberry Street Pedestrian Mall from 5:30 pm to 9 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday through September 9.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* 6th Avenue between 42nd Street and 56th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Avenue of the Americas Association Festival.
* West Burnside Avenue between Davidson Avenue and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Walk on Burnside Avenue.
* Tompkins Avenue between Hancock Street and Putnam Avenue in Brooklyn will be closed from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks TAMA Summerfest 3.
* 46th Street between Greenpoint Avenue and Queens Boulevard in Queens will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Sunnyside Strolls.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard between 116th Street and 125th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 10 am to noon for the Murid Islamic Community Parade.
* Madison Avenue between 42nd Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Workmen’s Circle and Saint Patrick’s Cathedral Fair.
* Grand Concourse between East 178th Street and 166th Street in the Bronx will be closed from 2 pm to 5 pm for the Gran Parada Dominicana del Bronx.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.