Friday, July 19, 2013
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am Saturday to 6 am Monday for work on the bridge structure. Motorists proceeding inbound/northbound from south Brooklyn via the Belt Parkway and Gowanus Expressway should use 3rd Avenue/Hamilton Avenue into the Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (toll facility) as the best route into lower Manhattan. Motorists proceeding inbound/westbound from Queens/Long Island should consider the Williamsburg Bridge, or the toll facilities at the RFK Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound.
The FDR Drive northbound exit to Brooklyn Bridge/Civic Center will be closed from 12:01 am Saturday to 6 am Monday to support the work at the Brooklyn Bridge. Motorists should use the prior South Street exit and follow the posted detour.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am Saturday through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed for the Mulberry Street Pedestrian Mall from 5:30 pm to 9 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday through September 9.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm:
* Eighth Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street in Manhattan will be closed for the Chelsea Midtown Democrats 8th Avenue Festival.
* West Burnside Avenue between Davidson Avenue and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks Walk on Burnside Avenue.
* Grand Street between Manhattan Avenue and Bushwick Avenue in Brooklyn will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks Grand Street BID Walks.
* Van Duzer Street between Beach Street and Wright Street in Staten Island will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks Van Duzer Days.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Broadway between 47th Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Motion Picture Club Movie Day Festival.
* West Broadway between Barclay Street and Chambers Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Community Broad No.1 NYC Business Expo.
* Northern Boulevard between 69th Street and 86th Street in Queens will be closed from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm for Desfile Colombiano De Nueva York.