Friday, March 1, 2013
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am to 7 am Saturday and 12:01 am to 9 am Sunday to perform necessary long term rehabilitation and repainting work. Brooklyn-bound traffic will be maintained as will the pedestrian and cycling path. Manhattan-bound motorists will be detoured to the nearby Manhattan Bridge. The northbound FDR Drive exit to the Brooklyn Bridge will be closed starting one hour before the bridge closure hours.
The south outer roadway of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge eastbound to Queens will be closed Saturday and Sunday from 2 am to 2 pm to facilitate MTA overhead track structure work. During this time, motorists should use the lower level of the bridge at 2nd Avenue and East 59th Street or enter the upper level (passenger cars) from East 57th Street or East 58th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues in Manhattan. The weekend work is expected to continue into early April.
The following streets in Queens will be closed on Saturday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm for the Queens County St. Patrick’s Day Parade:
* Beach 116th Street between Newport Avenue and Rockaway Beach Boulevard
* Beach 129th Street between Newport Avenue and Rockaway Beach Boulevard
* Newport Avenue between Beach 129th Street and Beach 116th Street
* Rockaway Beach Boulevard between Beach 116th Street and Beach 93rd Street
* Beach 102nd Street between Rockaway Beach Boulevard and Rockaway Beach Boulevard
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Fort Washington Avenue between 168th Street and 190th Street and 168th Street between Broadway and Fort Washington Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 9:30 am to 10:30 am for Coogan’s Run.
* Skillman Avenue between 43rd Street and 56th Street, 56th Street between Woodside Avenue and Skillman Avenue, and Woodside Avenue between 56th Street and 61st Street in Queens will be closed from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm for St. Patrick’s Day for All.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.