Friday, February 15, 2013
Alternate side parking (street cleaning) regulations will be suspended Monday, February 18 for Presidents Day. All other regulations, including parking meters, remain in effect.
Download the alternate side parking calendar.
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am to 7 am Saturday and 12:01 am to 9 am Sunday to perform necessary long term rehabilitation and repainting work. Brooklyn-bound traffic will be maintained as will the pedestrian and cycling path. Manhattan-bound motorists will be detoured to the nearby Manhattan Bridge. The northbound FDR Drive exit to the Brooklyn Bridge will be closed starting one hour before the bridge closure hours.
The south outer roadway of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge eastbound to Queens will be closed Saturday and Sunday from 2 am to 2 pm to facilitate MTA overhead track structure work. During this time, motorists should use the lower level of the bridge at 2nd Avenue and East 59th Street or enter the upper level (passenger cars) from East 57th Street or East 58th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues in Manhattan. The weekend work is expected to continue into early April.
The 79th Street Transverse Roadway between Central Park West and 5th Avenue will be closed on Saturday and/or Sunday from 8 am to 4 pm to facilitate Parks Department tree trimming.
East 71st Street between York Avenue and the FDR Drive and the FDR Drive southbound exit to East 71st Street will be closed on Saturday and/or Sunday from 6 am to 6 pm to facilitate crane operation. Motorists exiting the FDR Drive should use the East 63rd Street exit.
The following streets in Queens will be closed on Saturday from 11 am to 1 pm for the Flushing Chinese Lunar New Year Parade:
* 37th Avenue between Main Street and Union Street;
* Union Street between 37th Avenue and Sanford Avenue;
* Sanford Avenue between Union Street and Main Street;
* Main Street between Sanford Avenue and 39th Avenue.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm for the Lunar New Year Parade and Festival:
* Grand Street between Mulberry Street and Bowery
* Hester between Mulberry Street and Bowery
* Mott Street between Grand Street and Chatham Square
* Chatham Square between Mott Street and East Broadway
* East Broadway between Chatham Square and Forsyth Street
* Forsyth Street between East Broadway and Division Street
* Division Street between Forsyth Street and Eldridge Street
* Eldridge Street between Division Street and Hester Street
* Hester Street between Eldridge Street and Forsyth Street
* Forsyth Street between Hester Street and Delancey Street